• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Centennial of Naval aviation Breitling watch???

h60sarman

Am I the only one who thinks "limited edition" Breitlings aren't that limited?

I might agree with you regarding my Breitling Avenger Seawolf L/E Blacksteel (860 of 2000) but with only 500 pieces made it seems pretty limited to me. The only thing not limited is my passion for Breitling timepieces. The Centennial edition is my third.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I might agree with you regarding my Breitling Avenger Seawolf L/E Blacksteel (860 of 2000) but with only 500 pieces made it seems pretty limited to me. The only thing not limited is my passion for Breitling timepieces. The Centennial edition is my third.

I'm a watch nut too, don't get me wrong. I just have a love/hate with Breitling's looks to begin with, they seem to do limited editions for pretty much anyone.

h60sarman

SynixMan,
Yeah I got ya, and I agree with the L/E's numbering up in the 1,2,3K. And also agreed that they open their logo shop to alot of groups that can come up with the minimum order.

BlkPny

pilot
I contacted Breitling last year to propose a Nav Av Centennial watch. I suggested either a limited, finite number of a single model (500 or 1,000), or a pre-order run (order and pay a deposit before the watches are made). No risk for Breitling either way. Wings on the face, engraving on the back. Available only to current or former Naval Aviators, and at a substantial discount from list price.
I was told by the young lady who returned my call that they were already planning a run of 500 Limited Edition, in conjunction with some official Centennial commission, and that she felt that what I suggested "would dilute the value of our Limited Edition Centennial watch".
Day late and a dollar short.

du411y

Its a plane that hovers.
pilot
I just saw one of these for sale at the Lenox Square mall in Atlanta, didn't get a price though. Any idea if they will offer a Marine Aviation version for our centennial?

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Resurrecting a dead thread - I just "rescued" one of these from a secondary German watch dealer who had no idea what he had; it didn't seem right to let it languish in Europe. The wife is probably going to kill me for bringing another Breitling home - anyone on the site interested before I advertise it for sale elsewhere? Definitely willing to give better pricing to someone with wings vice the average Joe off the street.