• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cc vs whiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam

SNA, VT-21
how much control do you have over where you go to primary? my recruiter told me they pretty much leave it up to api class as a whole, and if the numbers don't match up they step in and say who goes where. is that legit? my fiancee has a teaching position in pcola and we'd like to be able to stay in florida instead of heading to texas in the middle of the school year.

thanks in advance,
adam

mattlowery

once again, bad gouge from the recruiter. it is decided by the day you class up for API. if you want to change it, then you have to have someone in the class that is willing to swap with you. you don't pick. i just got someone to swap with me today for Vance. I am going to Corpus now, yay. i just wanna get this next week and a half over with.

Matt L.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
That's money, you should name your first child after the person who decided to go to Vance instead of you.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
I have a better idea, Matt. Why don't you keep in touch with this guy that hooked you up and get some gouge for Vance. Knowing my luck, I will probably get Vance.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

mattlowery

hehehe. what are you guys talking about? i already have 50 kids, one in each state...should i go back and rename the first one?? ONLY KIDDING! no kids or wife here. yeah, i was so glad when he approached me. I was like, "did i hear you correctly? you WANT to go to Vance?" oh well........

Matt L.

ghost_ttu

what was his reason for wanting to go? Close to home? or wanting the multi engine turbine time that he will get in the tweet?

mattlowery

just had some friends out there is what he said. my logic was that i wanted to be Navy trained. yeah, tweet would be nice, but i'd rather take it a little slower and start from level ground. i had no flight hours, so i figured i'd be at a disadvantage from the get-go. oh well...corpus bound in a few weeks :)

Matt L.

flpanthers1

A few of my friends are at both Moody and Vance. They have both said it's a nightmare. AF training is far different than Navy. And if you want jets it sure as hell does not guarantee jets. Regardless of what you hear about selecting, selection is all about what the Navy has that week. There is a lot more to the story than that, but that is the basics. You fly what the Navy wants you to.

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
What's so bad about Vance, or any of the AF training bases? Is it just the fact that its not Navy training, or are their actual training deficiencies?

V/r,

OC Scameheorn

Ed Williams

I was out in Vance for a week for some training... it is the most boaring dead place in the world (no offence to anyone who is from there). After that week, Pcola felt like a huge city. I was pulling my hair out every second. Thank god subway delivered. On the other hand, they did have a nice gym and .... well, thats about it. different places for different people.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.