• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

career certificate and BDCP?

Krys

I have yet to ask my recruiter this and I don't know if this will make any sense, but I was wondering if my major would disqualify me from the BDCP. Like a few people here I'm at a community college at the moment. I'm majoring in aviation maintenance technology (airframe and powerplant), but my major is a career program. In my college rule book it says that students who follow the program that I'm taking may earn an engineering degree at any one of several 4-year institutes, and I am going to transfer to one, but because my major is a career certificate program, would that harm my chances of me being qualified? Or should I wait until I get my degree in engineering and just send an application to OCS? Once again if it makes no sense at all then I apologize

Panda Jerk

Clever Custom User Title
Pretty sure that as long as you have 60 credit hours, and you meet the other basic criteria (weight/height proportion, PRT standards, you pass the test, get selected by the board, etc) you should be good to go.

It doesn't state you need a two year degree, as long as you have 60 credits and are going to transfer to a 4 year university. You'll fill all the rest of the courses out in your ADCP (Academic Degree Completion Program) It's a contract basically stating what classes you're taking and when. They just want to see that when you're going to graduate. If your degree is considered technical by the navy (you'd have to consult a recruiter on that one) you can enroll your sophomore year in college.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
To be competitive you will need a semester or two under your belt at a 4 year university. If you transfer to one you can apply later on before graduation. Going to a CC/Juco doesn't "hurt" your chances and I have known people who done it.