• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CANREC Orders Question

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
Back ground so I don't sound like a total dirt bag - Intel Reserve O that's been on active duty orders for the last 3 years. The civilian company I worked for was sold last year, so I had no civilian job to go back to at the end of my last set of orders. I've been interviewing for civilian jobs for the last six months - I suspect something is going to turn out eventually - but perhaps not for a while.

Getting to the present - I received 2 Year CANREC orders that start in November. If I were to received an offer from a civilian employer, could I modify or end the orders early and go back to the SELRES or am I stuck gutting it out as a CANREC for the two years? I wouldn't do it lightly, but if I do end up getting the civilian offer I suspect I may end up getting - it's my dream job and I'm not sure I can pass it up. In the meantime, I'm unemployed unless I take the orders due to my own order chasing the last few years to break back into the IC.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Getting to the present - I received 2 Year CANREC orders that start in November. If I were to received an offer from a civilian employer, could I modify or end the orders early and go back to the SELRES or am I stuck gutting it out as a CANREC for the two years? I wouldn't do it lightly, but if I do end up getting the civilian offer I suspect I may end up getting - it's my dream job and I'm not sure I can pass it up. In the meantime, I'm unemployed unless I take the orders due to my own order chasing the last few years to break back into the IC.

It’s command specific but there’s nothing in policy that obligates the command to say yes.

My guess is they’ll probably deny it due to the shore timing.

exNavyOffRec

If you do go on CANREC orders there are things you can do to set yourself up when you get out.

When you go to career fairs look at what business will be there and if some interest you then get their early, network and make connections, then follow up at the next career fair. You can get the inside scoop as to how that company works. It might help you find out what company you want to work for, or what companies you don't want to work for.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you do go on CANREC orders there are things you can do to set yourself up when you get out.

When you go to career fairs look at what business will be there and if some interest you then get their early, network and make connections, then follow up at the next career fair. You can get the inside scoop as to how that company works. It might help you find out what company you want to work for, or what companies you don't want to work for.
This. Although I ended up doing the airline thing, I worked this strategy and was confident I had a couple jobs lined up when I got out. Most the guys at career fairs are from out of town. Couple of drinks or meals before they head to the hotel are much appreciated. ?