• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

<<<"Candidate Bulletins">>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnata001

Does anybody know anything a/b this section of the CIS on the admissions section of usna.edu??? Does the link only work directly after you have recieved an appointment? I am asking this because before today, I could never access this link. Now I can! But, I have not heard yay or nay from USNA. Please help me...especially all of you guys who have recieved LOA's. Did this link change several months ago after you guys recieved your appts. Any help would be greatly appreciated

navyfan

That is a very interesting observation. Our son has been clicking on that link ever since they put up the CIS and nothing came up. We just assumed there were no new bulletins. He gave it a click the other day and saw the information about I Day. SO, either that is the first bulletin they have published during this whole process, OR they are letting certain people know when they should get their behinds to USNA. It would be kind of cruel to let you know when I Day is and then send you a letter telling you you didn't get in. I guess if you haven't gotten a rejection letter yet you should take this as a hopeful sign--and that's the way we're telling our son to take it.

navyfan said:
That is a very interesting observation. Our son has been clicking on that link ever since they put up the CIS and nothing came up. We just assumed there were no new bulletins. He gave it a click the other day and saw the information about I Day. SO, either that is the first bulletin they have published during this whole process, OR they are letting certain people know when they should get their behinds to USNA. It would be kind of cruel to let you know when I Day is and then send you a letter telling you you didn't get in. I guess if you haven't gotten a rejection letter yet you should take this as a hopeful sign--and that's the way we're telling our son to take it.

I disagree b/c I can ge into the bulletin board and I'm almost certain I didn't get in.

Integer

Banned
The bulletin is on a secured server, yes, but it is not even protected by password. This leads me to think that it's not as important as we thought, and makes me doubt that it is personalized towards any specific individual. Actually, quite anybody can access it if they know the link.

The link has worked intermittently throughout the entire year. In fact, I've once successfully checked it out at school--the only time up to now that I've been able to load the page. I guess we have just become used to ignoring it because the link to it was not working properly.

So, instead of worrying about the bulletins, let's worry about staying in shape. In my opinion, current and former midshipmen don't stress proper preparation enough on this forum. It is my belief that they've forgotten how much work it takes to get through Plebe Summer, and I am willing to suggest that this might not be by any accident. I am sure Plebe Summer is the last thing on their minds for obvious reasons! However, it should be the first thing on our mind. We are the ones who have to face it! Ones who WILL have to face it! I don't care what we think of our chances.

(This is as much for my own inspiration as it is for yours. :D)

BYPASS

Sorry guys. USNA just switched servers. Now, EVERY candidate (even those not receiving appointments) can check the bulletin.

Integer

Banned
Yeah, I definitely think they just fixed something on their side of the connection.

Heck, I'm sure even Army candidates can see that page now!

(Or at least those of them who can figure out how to type in the colon in the "http://" part of the URL.....takes two keys, you know. :icon_mi_1)

Status
Not open for further replies.