• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can you take Army ROTC at a community college and transfer to a university NROTC?

sarapatty08

I am currently a candidate for the NROTC scholarship, if the scholarship doesn't prevail I am considering going to community college (Blinn) and trying for the scholarship again (for Texas A&M). However, Blinn only offers Army ROTC. Is there anyway to just be involved with Army ROTC at Blinn and transfer to NROTC at Texas A&M? Just for reference I'm already accepted into Texas A&M but due to finances it is more responsible to go to Blinn first, unless of course I have a scholarship.

cclement

None
There is no way to "transfer" an ROTC scholarship. Our scholarship money comes from the Navy budget, and army from army's and af from af's. So they don't like to train people and let them go into other services. However, as a freshmen you won't incur any service obligations, so if you absolutely want the training you can do it and it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I would just suggest going to Blinn, and making sure your grades are top notch before applying again for the next year. Ask the CAPT at Texas A&M if you can take the freshmen NAVS classes. We had one guy in my class do that the year before he got his scholarship.

nugget61

pilot
It'll only cover your last 2 years, so the first 2 are up to you, but do some research into BDCP before you make your decision.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Get back on 290 and head West. Apply at Texas and go to ACC in the interim.

...unless you are set on being an Aggie...then nevermind...once you go full retard you can't be saved:)

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
you could always just take the Army ROTC classes (they're free) if you want to get a view of the military in general before transferring to the other school.
It can't hurt your BDCP or NROTC chances.