• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can this be waiverable?

Madz91199

Contributor
Hi, all! I am a 24F who has been working toward a commission since I graduated college two years ago. I was just told by my new recruiter that my clotting condition (factor 2 mutation) is an auto dq according to whoever he emailed in Nashville. Has anyone heard of anyone getting a waiver for this? I have looked at the accession guide and the waiver guide and all it says is venous diseases and venous incompetence like edema or having a history of some sort of DVT, of which out of all of these I have had none. Just trying to figure out what my chances are of getting past this or if I should even try to fight for it.

Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_6148.png
    IMG_6148.png
    472.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6149.jpeg
    IMG_6149.jpeg
    487.9 KB · Views: 13

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi, all! I am a 24F who has been working toward a commission since I graduated college two years ago. I was just told by my new recruiter that my clotting condition (factor 2 mutation) is an auto dq according to whoever he emailed in Nashville. Has anyone heard of anyone getting a waiver for this? I have looked at the accession guide and the waiver guide and all it says is venous diseases and venous incompetence like edema or having a history of some sort of DVT, of which out of all of these I have had none. Just trying to figure out what my chances are of getting past this or if I should even try to fight for it.

Thank you so much in advance.

From my personal experiences, usually any sort of auto immune / gene conditions are going to be no-go's for military service. Even if you feel "fine", there are other sort of risks and complications that are just not suitable for military service.

And by "Nashville", I'm assuming the recruiter means "Millington" (Tennessee) where Recruiting Command HQ is at - the folks who review and decide on medical waivers.

Madz91199

Contributor
From my personal experiences, usually any sort of auto immune / gene conditions are going to be no-go's for military service. Even if you feel "fine", there are other sort of risks and complications that are just not suitable for military service.

And by "Nashville", I'm assuming the recruiter means "Millington" (Tennessee) where Recruiting Command HQ is at - the folks who review and decide on medical waivers.
Is it worth it to submit my paperwork or not?

exNavyOffRec

I would agree with everything above, and while your recruiter could submit documents it won't change the fact that you have that condition.

villo0692

Idk how it is working now vice 3 yrs ago, but wouldn’t like for you to be given a green light in MEPS and then get the NAMI Whammy at OCS. Make sure to get properly informed about it