• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can My Wife Accompany Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbennett73

Once commissioned, the literature says I'll go to Intel school. Is Intel school in Dam Neck, VA, accompanied or unaccompanied? What's the base and off-base housing situation like there? Is P'cola to Dam Neck a PCS?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
How long is the school? That is the major factor in determining if your family can go with you, and reimbursement for a move. IE, is it a TAD school, or a true PCS? I would imagine that it is a PCS, since you don't know where you are going to go after that for your first tour. I believe the requirement is 120 days or longer at a location, but don't quote me on that. Honestly, if it was that long, I would move the better half out, and live out in town or something. Depending also on your orders, you might not be able to get into housing, but you will have BAH available to at least.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the school is Basic Intelligence Officer Course...or something like that. You'll PCS there. Yes, the school is in Dam Neck, VA. I couldn't tell you what the housing situation is like. I would contact the Housing Referral office out there if I were you.

bbennett73

School is 5 months. She will likely move to VA for those 5 months regardless of TDY, PCS, unaccompanied, or accompanied. Just trying to figure out if we're going to get the BAH or if I'm going to be assigned a rack on base and have to pay for her off-base housing out of pocket (no BAH).

We're also wondering if the Navy will move our stuff to Virginia and then move it again 5 months later to my duty station.

JKD

Moving the stuff is the real issue. As the webmaster stated, you will get BAH no matter where your wife lives (current location or VA).

If the orders are PCS, the Navy will pay to move your stuff. If not, you will have to move it yourself or put what you can get by without in storage.

I'm also curious if the orders to Dam Neck would be TDY or PCS. Anyone know for sure?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
our squadron AI said that it's a PCS. The school is 5-6 months long, and the big thing is that you find out where you're going during intel school. My school was TAD because I knew during the 9th week of OCS what my permanent duty station was, and my orders had me TAD to AMDO school.

bbennett73

I think regardless of PCS or TDY and whether or not they store or move our stuff, she's going to move to Virginia while I'm at Intel school. If she's living in town, would they require me to live apart from my family?

Status
Not open for further replies.