• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I get a little clarification? (re: STA-21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
I am under the impression that tuition and books (up to $10,000/year) are covered under STA-21. We just got some info from one of the schools my hubby is considering, saying that only Naval Science books are covered, and we have to pay for the rest. I think that the person who replied to us was confused/misinformed.

A friend's husband got STA-21 last year, and while they had to front the money for books, they were later reimbursed by the Navy.

Can anybody clear this up?

jjordan19

SNFO waiting for primary
That is correct, you buy the books, submit your reciept. You will get reinbursed for your books. You are only allowed 10K a year (4K for fall/spring, 2K for summer).

KimberlyD

Something that really screwed us up was the school telling us that we needed to change residency, we went through all the expense of doing that & then got to the school & found out that through the program, it's automatically in-state tuition! We would definitely have gone somewhere else if we had known that!

Status
Not open for further replies.