• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Calculus Background for Surface Warfare

JRaff10

Hey everyone, I'm about a year away from leaving for OCS and my goal is to be a Surface warfare officer. I'm a Biology major at UW-Madison and just realized a potential problem. I've only taken one calculus class and it was my only C in college. I saw online you have to have two semesters of calculus with a B average and I was wondering how strict they hold this requirement. Is it possible to have other areas make up for this deficiency or is there no way I can become a SWO now? If I score high on the ASTB and maintain my 3.7 Gpa would that potentially be enough? Thanks. And thanks in general this site has helped me a lot.

JRaff10

No, I've completed the initial forms and talked to a recruiter. I take the ASTB in two months, graduate from college in 5 so I figured somewhere in the next year I should be leaving granted nothing goes wrong with the physical or anything.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone, I'm about a year away from leaving for OCS and my goal is to be a Surface warfare officer. I'm a Biology major at UW-Madison and just realized a potential problem. I've only taken one calculus class and it was my only C in college. I saw online you have to have two semesters of calculus with a B average and I was wondering how strict they hold this requirement. Is it possible to have other areas make up for this deficiency or is there no way I can become a SWO now? If I score high on the ASTB and maintain my 3.7 Gpa would that potentially be enough? Thanks. And thanks in general this site has helped me a lot.

Ask your recruiter.