• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAC Reader w/ Mac

PMPT

Bought the IOGear CAC reader from the NEX this weekend (the GSR202 model, to be specific) ... just tried plugging it and using it as per the instructions on the box and no luck. Has anyone had luck installing or using a CAC reader with a Mac? I'm intending to buy a PC soon but had hoped this would be usable in the interim.

Thanks.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Good luck. 7 years and I’ve never been tech savvy enough to get it to work with my Mac. Smarter people than I have though.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Bought the IOGear CAC reader from the NEX this weekend (the GSR202 model, to be specific) ... just tried plugging it and using it as per the instructions on the box and no luck. Has anyone had luck installing or using a CAC reader with a Mac? I'm intending to buy a PC soon but had hoped this would be usable in the interim.

Thanks.
MilitaryCAC will walk you through it. Just bought a new MacBook Pro and have had no issues with OWA or other sites requiring CAC access.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
For the NMCI encrypted email, there used to be something called "lightweight portable security" that would boot your Mac with what I think was a very basic Linux kernal. I don't know if it's still a thing though.

Dunno if anybody ever figured out how to get the encrypted email to work on MacOS (and NMCI was always too lazy to support it themselves).

DTS, BOL, and a few other CAC login sites worked fine on my MacBook (up until a year ago when I stopped having to care anymore).

robav8r

None
Contributor
The new Mac OS (Catalina) has resolved a lot of the security issues for NMCI. Follow the gouge on MilitaryCAC wrt certificate installa
And you’ll be fine . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
The new Mac OS (Catalina) has resolved a lot of the security issues for NMCI. Follow the gouge on MilitaryCAC wrt certificate installa
And you’ll be fine . . .
Second for MilitaryCAC. A few years ago I spent a few hours following their gouge and in the end it worked (eventually). The experience isn't without issues such as when folks encrypt emails. It's generally easier for me bring home my work laptop if I know I'm going to need NMCI access.

PMPT

Yeah for some reason Marine Online won’t work with it but the military CAC gouge seems to have worked for most things. Only keen to use it to access webmail and FWB and so on. Makes it easier to be able to get some of that stuff prior to heading to brief etc. thanks for the insight folks.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
you’ll still want to install the DOD root certificates.
If you’re on Catalina all else is gravy

red_stang65

pilot
Also, OWA finally updated to a newer version allowing you to decrypt emails on Mac. It just requires you to open the email message in a new window. Currently working on Yosemite and High Sierra.

AULANI

Thanks.
I have this same model and I've used it for over 2 years now with no problems. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2012 with Catalina OS.

a_dub

"flank" speed
Same as above, recommend the militarycac website, go step by step-important, also if traveling internationally, use a VPN through the states to help.