• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Budget effects on your job

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanFighter

pilot
I just read some info on the 2004 defense budget and the future effects on Marine/Navy tactical jet aviation. Even though spending is going up under the new administration the actual number of jets in the future will decrease. F-35 total buy has dropped to 680 from 1089. Super hornet total buy is 460 from 548. What does this mean to those in the pipeline now? The USN/USMC has an integration plan designed to massage the number of squadrons towards this number of JSFs. The plan calls for the decommissioning of 4 USN and 2 USMC squadrons (who and when? don't know). Tomcats should be gone by 2007. Reduction of deployed squadron strengh from 12 jets to 10. Also, 1 USMC Hornet squadron will be assigned to each of the 10 navy carrier air wings and 1 USN squadron to each of the Marine wings. This integration starts next year....What do you think of it?

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
VMFA-134 is one of the sqd's going away

too many fixed wing pilots in the Corps right now, nobody is getting out ("war on terrorism" & job market sucks) ... better get your slot while they are still available

all Marine single seat Hornets are Carrier qualed, with Two-seaters doing the same soon

latest word from the RAG

"BeanFighter", when'd you get to K-Rock? i left last summer

semper fi

BeanFighter

pilot
I got here in 99' and am still here. Had a small leave of absense when I lost my mind and got an airline job in july of 01'. Now I'm back as a mobilized reserve IP. Goshawks are good but Hornets go to 11. Were you 21 or 22? You say the deltas are going tothe boat? What the? If you are still in the rag you might check out VMFA-212 if you don't like water.
Bean

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
i was in 21 ... "Shotgun" Wedding was my skipper. the word on the street out here in 101 is that D's are going to the boat "soon". i'm 'bout 1/3 of the way in the RAG and will be heading back East afterwards. way things are going, i'm probably gonna need somebody in my backseat to help me out some.

semper fi

Status
Not open for further replies.