• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boxing as a extracurricular activity to look good on selection board

User1993

I know that sports make you look good when it comes to selection. The problem is that I'm out of high school. So finding team based sports in the community is kind of difficult. I've decided to take up boxing. I did almost join a softball team. But all the guys were out of shape alcoholics for the most part.

Would boxing be a good sport to have listed as an extracurricular activity?

-thanks

Mike_77

I do club boxing at Penn State... I put that down on my application and I was selected. I can't speak to how much the particular activity helped in my selection, but it certainly can't hurt. At the very least the intense cardio required for boxing will be helpful at OCS.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
I know that sports make you look good when it comes to selection. The problem is that I'm out of high school. So finding team based sports in the community is kind of difficult. I've decided to take up boxing. I did almost join a softball team. But all the guys were out of shape alcoholics for the most part.

Would boxing be a good sport to have listed as an extracurricular activity?

-thanks

If you are still in college, are there any intramural teams other than softball? Or clubs? Sports look good but you can focus your energies in other extracurricular activities as well. Boxing is obviously not a team sport but I think the dedication required is something you could bring up in your motivational statement if you have been boxing for a long time.