• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boots Runs at Srs.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Doesn't really have to do with a PFT, but how much running in boots is done at Srs? I imagine it's more than at Jrs. I have a hard time running in boots. My run time leaving Jrs. was about 19:00 so I was in good shape, but I had a hard time on the Boots and Utes runs. Does anyone have any advice on how to improve my poor ability to run in boots? I don't go to Srs. until next summer but I thought I'd go ahead and start training in boots now. I'm in decent shape right now (running about about a 20:00 minute three miler). Also I got a pair of Bates Lights, (still need to break them in) will these help at all? And can I use them at Srs? Everybody I've talked to says not to train to much in boots or you will get stress fractures, shin splints, etc. This adds to my problems of training in boots because I got a stress fracture at the end of Jrs. and I don't want to start devloping another one. What can I do to improve this while avoiding a possible stress fracture?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure the program has changed a but in the lst 10 years but I remember running in running shoes about 8 times total in seniors and it was a treat. "What a good day we dont have to run in boots"

Im sure someone a little close to the experience can expound but ecpect to run 85-90 percent of your PT in boots and utes.

Raptor2216

The sooner you can get your legs used to boots, the better off you will be. If you had trouble in the past then it will only help you in the future in and this is a little bit distant for you but there do almost no running in running shoes at TBS.

USMCMidd

i just did srs last summer and we did 95% of our runs in boots and utes. PFT is in go fasters, but endurance course and o course and all those fun things are all done in boots. Bates should help, also go to foot locker or a running store and pick up a pair of insoles that you feel really comfortable in. Run times in boots are generally slower than go fasters, but the insoles will help you to not develope shin splints.