• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boeing

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Thinking about buying some stock in Boeing. Mainly looking at the fact that it is trading at half of what it was a year ago, and that it's earnings seem remain unaffected. Anybody have any opinions about new products coming out, and how it might affect the company's future?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Super Moderator
General stock market advice: a lot of people (generally very conservative investors) are suggesting to stay out of stocks for a while. Things may look like a good deal right now, but they could still go down. Jim Cramer for example said "Sell your stock TODAY" about a week ago.

You might be a more risky investor, I tend to stay fairly conservative.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Buy it, now! I'm retired, but if I were 5+ yrs from retiring, I would raid my IRA's & buy all the Boeing I possibly afford at that price. The stock is selling for well less than half (sorry, forgot that 1st time)its price 1 yr ago. Despite it's problems with the machinist's union & the 787, Boeing is very well-positioned as the primary military & commercial airframe maker in the USA. In addition it has helo, aerospace & other profitable divisions to help it through this period. Meanwhile EADS/Airbus is losing its can with the A400M &, yes, the A380. The A350XWB is still a paper a/c and lord knows what problems will result when they start cutting metal & brewing composites.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ what he said ... my Boeing stock is worth ~ 45% of what it was exactly one year ago ... but I'm not selling as most of my losses are paper losses in any case. I might buy some more in the near future after the market as a whole regains some composure ... but where ARE you going to go for aerospace, defense, and a whole bunch of other things in general?? Things that we will continue to need and buy unless we plan on going back to the covered wagon -- where are you gonna go besides Boeing ???

Boeing dropped ~ a third from last fall until this March, when it started moving up again and got back to @ $83/share, but we all know what's happened to the market in the past month or so ...

But: Boeing has generated an average annual compounded yield of @ 13.5% since it started trading in 1962 which is healthy when you consider the S&P 500 did @ 10% during the same time period.
Sure, it's "riskier" than the S&P 500 overall, but then the rewards are greater, too ...

Long term Boeing should be good in any case. The company's financial health, it's historical valuation compared to it's current price range, and it's discounted cash flow all look positive, Jim Cramer notwithstanding. If you are willing to accept the potential "risk" of investing in anything that flies ... stock-wise :) ... Boeing is still a good "bet" for the long term, in one man's opinion.

Just my 55% loss worth ... hey, do you think you're gonna take it with you, anyway ... ??? :)

Raptor2216

General stock market advice: a lot of people (generally very conservative investors) are suggesting to stay out of stocks for a while. Things may look like a good deal right now, but they could still go down. Jim Cramer for example said "Sell your stock TODAY" about a week ago.

You might be a more risky investor, I tend to stay fairly conservative.

Jim Cramer is a fvcking idiot and many people have lost money over the past year or so by following his advice. If you don't like your money, do what jim says.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
The only problem with Jim Cramer is that he is in the business of creating emotion to get people to watch his show - he is not in the business of making investment decisions. I'll that I've ever gotten was a headache from pounding on children's toys.

Take a look at the list of gurus http://www.gurufocus.com/ListGuru.php - he didn't make it.

nugget61

pilot
You might want to hold out a lil bit on the boeing stock - aren't their engineers due to strike in a few weeks? Should drive the stock down some more then.

picklesuit

Living the GeoBachelor dream...
pilot
Contributor

Boeing stock about to take another hit. Two 737-Max8 wrecks in a short span. Will be interesting if the pilots take the blame again...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's an amusing bunch of amateur mishap investigators on Twitter, who, after viewing the online flight tracker data, have determined all causal factors and provided their recommendations to Boeing to ground the 737-Max8.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
There's an amusing bunch of amateur mishap investigators on Twitter, who, after viewing the online flight tracker data, have determined all causal factors and provided their recommendations to Boeing to ground the 737-Max8.
What a coincidence! I see them and hear so many of them at the airport all the time. If only...