• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BoaterExam.com

phrogpilot73

So, PSW and I bought a boat. More accurately, we put a ridiculously low bid in on a 26' Chris Craft Cuddy Cabin, not expecting that we'd win the eBay auction. Turns out we did win. Boat gets delivered on Thursday (it's coming from Georgia).​
While looking for the cheapest way to get our Virginia boater education, we found out that BoaterExam.com is free (paid for by All State Insurance) until Sep 15th, 2012. Approved by USCG - so if your state requires it, and you need it - do it before the 15th!​

phrogpilot73

Where you docking it?
Feverishly ran around today, setting everything up for the delivery. Nothing further on the house (with deeded boat slip) front, and we doubt we're closing before December - so we've got the spot next to our RV reserved at the storage area, and bought a used trailer and arranged with Budget Boats on Battlefield to accept delivery, set up the trailer, and put the boat on the trailer (I think part of the reason that no one else bid was lack of a trailer).

However, once we move - we're docking it at our house. :D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
If it flies, floats, or fornicates...

Rent it.

2186l.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Define ridiculously low? Did you have it surveyed at all, or did you buy it sight unseen.

Feel free to PM when you have boat specifics (engine, drive, etc) and I can give you info regarding winterization, etc.

BigRed389

None
However, once we move - we're docking it at our house. :D

Didn't you say you work at EWTGLANT? Why not the marina on base? Looks like a nice facility with low rates, and the whole boat ramp area was redone recently.

And that base is chock full of small boat mechanics you could probably drug deal any headscratchers with.

MasterBates

Dock at house > Dealing with MWR silliness.

I got sick of dealing with Retirees being about 9 levels higher up the priority ladder than AD, and never being able to use certain MWR facilities on LC and NOB.

MasterBates

If I come back to Hampton Roads, I'm fixing the dock at my house explicitly to NOT have to deal with MWR or trailering everyday. In Wyoming, I just trailer, since I only use the boat 5-6 times a year here.

phrogpilot73

Didn't you say you work at EWTGLANT? Why not the marina on base? Looks like a nice facility with low rates, and the whole boat ramp area was redone recently.

And that base is chock full of small boat mechanics you could probably drug deal any headscratchers with.
Dock at house > Dealing with MWR silliness.
What MB said. Why drive 10 minutes to Little Creek (the new house is just over the Lesner bridge, a 4 min walk from Chick's Oyster Bar) when I can walk 200 yards to my deeded boat slip, with access to Lynnhaven Inlet? I know a couple mechanics that have experience with small boats. Specifically and EN that came from RivRon... :D

BigRed389

None
What MB said. Why drive 10 minutes to Little Creek (the new house is just over the Lesner bridge, a 4 min walk from Chick's Oyster Bar) when I can walk 200 yards to my deeded boat slip, with access to Lynnhaven Inlet? I know a couple mechanics that have experience with small boats. Specifically and EN that came from RivRon... :D

That's a GREAT spot to come out and annoy the shit out of some SWOs when they're transiting.

Didn't realize the pecking order was so jacked up onbase. I used to shoot the shit with some of the users there when we would be dropping/pulling boats and they talked it up, but then I guess they would considering they're the ones that benefit.