• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boat School Graphic Novel

exhelodrvr

pilot
the last superintendent, Adm Rempt, loved singing. He thought it promoted "brigade unity and spirit." So we sang naval academy fight songs at every mandatory brief and parade. I think the announcement at every parade was something like, "In order to demonstrate teamwork and unity, the brigade of midshipmen will now sing for you." I could hear alumni laughing from the reviewing stand. The current superintendent did away with the singing as soon as he turned over.

LOL! I bet you loved doing that. Is it still Monday practice and Wednesday parades?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
LOL! I bet you loved doing that. Is it still Monday practice and Wednesday parades?

Typically Wednesday practice and Friday parade, but there have been a couple Wednesday parades, like for the Foresstal Lecture this semester. With that said, ADM Fowler has certainly cut down the number of parades there are also.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
the last superintendent, Adm Rempt, loved singing. He thought it promoted "brigade unity and spirit"...

Well, I thought the place couldn't get any weirder after I left. Glad to know there are some surprises left.

Sheesh. Singing? Really? Supe saw Master and Commander one time too many?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The bit where they're singing shanties and dancing hornpipes during the midwatch, and Midshipman Hollum (the one who later offs himself) buzzkills by joining in.

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful
The movie Annapolis keeps showing up on late-night and daytime TV. Will this "graphic novel" be nearly as funny? Or should I go back to watching "The Marine" featuring that walking steroid John Cena?

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
the last superintendent, Adm Rempt, loved singing. He thought it promoted "brigade unity and spirit." So we sang naval academy fight songs at every mandatory brief and parade. I think the announcement at every parade was something like, "In order to demonstrate teamwork and unity, the brigade of midshipmen will now sing for you." I could hear alumni laughing from the reviewing stand. The current superintendent did away with the singing as soon as he turned over.

Good I always the hated the singing. I just wish he had the balls to bring back the original words to Blue and Gold. Nothing like PC.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Good I always the hated the singing. I just wish he had the balls to bring back the original words to Blue and Gold. Nothing like PC.

Not gonna happen. The new Supt has already changed the words to the Mission to be more "inclusive.":eek:

Apparently, there are no sacred oxen anymore.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Not gonna happen. The new Supt has already changed the words to the Mission to be more "inclusive.":eek:

Apparently, there are no sacred oxen anymore.

The new mission doesn't seem to have anything more PC about it - they just changed it around instead of saying "provide graduates" to "graduate leaders" - which was in the mission statement circa 1932.