• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blood Pressure Question

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
A buddy of mine is in the same boat - high blood pressure but in pretty good shape, not fat, etc. What he does is to cut out sodium entirely from his diet for two weeks before he has a physical. It sucks mightily, but it will get his BP in the zone for the physical.

FastMover

NFO
None
Thanks again for the tips everyone.

Since I became aware that I needed to watch my BP I have been cutting back on the salt/sodium intake. The salt wasn't that big of a deal...if it wasn't already on my food I never added it anyway. Sodium on the other hand is rediculous. It seems like the only thing that doesn't have any is water and fruit. No wonder so many Americans have high BP.

I'll look in to the Vagal maneuver as well. I think I saw Dr. Oz talking about that on Oprah the other day. (I know, I know...go ahead and laugh)

MasterBates

FM, unless I am missing something, SODIUM = Sodium Chloride = SALT

Just called Sodium on labels, and Salt when used as a seasoning.

I could be wrong..

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Oh yea, I remember the days of taking chunks of sodium, putting them in a bottle (with a paper plug) and tossing it in the pond. A wonderful cold explosion.