• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Black Widows on US Navy DDG

blackbart22

pilot
Grew up prowling the Maine woods around Sebago Lake and as far as we knew there were no poisonous critters in Maine. Not bugs, not snakes, nothing. The old timers always said that there's nothing in the Maine woods that will hurt you if you don't bother them. So when a couple dozen known poisonous bugs show, the natives get tense. (Steven King novels are fiction ---honest)

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Grew up prowling the Maine woods around Sebago Lake and as far as we knew there were no poisonous critters in Maine. Not bugs, not snakes, nothing. The old timers always said that there's nothing in the Maine woods that will hurt you if you don't bother them. So when a couple dozen known poisonous bugs show, the natives get tense. (Steven King novels are fiction ---honest)
We do have timber rattlers though. I also grew up in Maine and over the course of 14 years saw a grand total of two.

blackbart22

pilot
We do have timber rattlers though. I also grew up in Maine and over the course of 14 years saw a grand total of two.
Those were probably carpet baggers that moved in after I left. Like the ones that elected Muskey.