• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

birthdays at ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogggystyle

Don't have friends/family send you gifts and stuff and you'll be overlooked. The D.I.s like to mess with people on their birthdays. If you get a flood of cards or boxes they'll be suspicious. (They make you open the boxes in front of them too.) If they smell even a hint that it is your birthday...ohh...have fun.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Hudson

On the subject of bad places to have a birthday. I turned 21 while I was deployed to Haiti. I think I was on patrol that day. It was a dry country for us, no drinking was permitted. If I remember correctly some one brought me an Oduals after we got back to our base in Cap Haitia.

phrogs

I started ocs on my birthday...Nobody knew, and that's the way I wanted it. Speaking of recieving mail there, One person(OC Walsh) in my OCS class got a letter addressed to LCDR Walsh with a bunch of writing all over the outside saying stuff like "Marine Corps sucks" and "DI's are gay" OC Walsh (now LT Walsh) was the only person I've ever seen mashed inside the galley. I guess it pays to have friends with a sense of humor. Walsh wasn't laughing, but I'm sure he laughs about it now though.

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

howlermonkey

I'm glad my friends never sent me any mail like that. That's hilarious!
My birthday was during candi-o phase and I didn't even remember until I looked at my driver's license and saw that it expired the next day. Most of my classmates didn't tell anyone about their birthdays and no one noticed. I doubt anyone will notice if it's your first week or two. There's 30 million other things to pick on, most of which involve chow hall procedures. Don't sweat it. ;)

WT

Any birthday/holiday without family and friends is a tough one.
censored_125.gif

I had one on the water, not too bad, just another day at sea. The previous one though... I was in the middle of SERE School, anybody who has been through that can tell you it is no fun. Add the fact that you get to spend your birthday there while sitting in a little box and you have the makings of a great party.
banghead_125.gif
I ended up mouthing the words "happy birthday" to those who could see me. It actually caused a few people to start laughing, not a small feat for SERE. Best advice... make the best of the situation, it can only happen once.

--WT

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Originally posted by dad741
IFT20, what squadrons were you with?

David

PATRON NINE from 95-99

AT1 (AW/NAC) Christopher M. Harrison
VX-20 VP Projects
Bldg 606 RM 16B
harrisoncm@navair.navy.mil

Status