• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bird Strike Video/Emergency Landing with Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
VIDEO
Video of 757 taking a bird into the starboard eng, declaring emergency and circling around to land safely. Pretty cool to hear the comms throughout. Professionals all around. Enjoy.

FastMover

NFO
None
Nice find. I figured the plane would've yawed more being as they were missing an engine. Touchdown was smooth as a baby's bottom.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Doesn't look like they had a total loss of thrust until they shut it down after safely airborne, that is probably why no apparent yaw at first. The E-6 has an engine failure assist system that applies rudder if we lose an outboard engine on the runway. I don't know if the 757 has anything like that, but it may. Looks like everyone from the crew to the controllers did a good job handling that one. I wonder if they landed over max gross?

millerjd

Stayin' alive
Doesn't look like they had a total loss of thrust until they shut it down after safely airborne, that is probably why no apparent yaw at first. The E-6 has an engine failure assist system that applies rudder if we lose an outboard engine on the runway. I don't know if the 757 has anything like that, but it may. Looks like everyone from the crew to the controllers did a good job handling that one. I wonder if they landed over max gross?

757 is certified up to it's MTOW for landing.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
VIDEO
Video of 757 taking a bird into the starboard eng, declaring emergency and circling around to land safely. Pretty cool to hear the comms throughout. Professionals all around. Enjoy.

That's been reposted about 3 or 4 times...haha
Still a good video nonetheless. :p

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
That's been reposted about 3 or 4 times...haha
Still a good video nonetheless. :p

Really? I frequent AW, oh, just about 5-10 times a day, and this event happened on April 29th of this year, and I have never seen it before.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6606375.stm
I just get tired of the 'repost' Nazis who say crap like its been posted 3 or 4 times. I doubt I would have missed in being posted 4 times, let alone once. Nothing personal WVU, you are not the only one, but I think if you are going to throw out the usual "repost, but its still good" crap you should at least put a AW link on your post to prove it. Feel free to correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think thats the case.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
Really? I frequent AW, oh, just about 5-10 times a day, and this event happened on April 29th of this year, and I have never seen it before.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6606375.stm
I just get tired of the 'repost' Nazis who say crap like its been posted 3 or 4 times. I doubt I would have missed in being posted 4 times, let alone once. Nothing personal WVU, you are not the only one, but I think if you are going to throw out the usual "repost, but its still good" crap you should at least put a AW link on your post to prove it. Feel free to correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think thats the case.

It's cool man, no offense taken...maybe I should have posted a link, you're right. I searched real quick and couldn't find it, but I know for a fact that it's been posted before, but I'm not trying to make a big deal about it or anything. Maybe as I should have searched before posting, so should have you..in knowing that I am not a 'repost nazi,' as you stated. Sorry for upsetting you, I too am a frequent here..and didn't mean to set you off.

Cheers

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Devil dog...please, please, please:
Go out and pt in the sunshine.
Spend some time with your dog.
Stop and smell the roses.
Have a beer.
Practice your "yut yuts".
Have your old lady wax your back.

Cuz it seems like yer getting a bit testy on us... perhaps from sitting in front of the computer on AW all day. I say it because I care.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.