• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Time to start application

Status
Not open for further replies.

RXSilver

I am currently a Junior in high school right now, and i was wondering when is the right time to start applying for a scholarship and start applying for colleges.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I started applying the for 4-year in June or July. It's not a bad time to start, except that its kinda difficult to get in touch with teachers for their recommendations. I applied to my schools in late september/early october. Not a bad time frame, but sooner the better for everything.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
I started the whole process september 6th, I had my written in and processing by october, was selected in december, physical taken and npq february, applied for waivers in repeating cycles till I got a star to reject it, then finally told to go away april 12th. All was in my Senior year of HS.

As early as you can, is the bottom line. I had skin cancer the year before, the reason for the temporary npq, but the moral is hoops after more hoops, be prepared to jump through them. The quicker and more complete you can make your package, the better.

Now back in the same damn boat applying for OCS, oh well. Good luck with your app, and better luck figuring out what schools you want. Took me 2 weeks to get my head straight on it.

rubicon

Some of my teachers have already told they would give me their recs, should I ask them to try to get them done before summer starts? Would that be a wise timetable?

Status
Not open for further replies.