• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best time to apply

Cj11b

Does anybody know when the best time to submit your packet to a selection board (SNA) is? Or is it a pretty similar number of applicants every time? Any insight into the general frequency of those boards? The reason I ask is that I will require an age waiver by the time I get my degree. I can front load some classes, and try to graduate a semester early (giving me a full year before I turn 29 instead of 7 months) but I would risk my GPA being lowered if I did this. Just trying to weight the pro's and cons before I register for more classes. Thank you!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Does anybody know when the best time to submit your packet to a selection board (SNA) is? Or is it a pretty similar number of applicants every time? Any insight into the general frequency of those boards? The reason I ask is that I will require an age waiver by the time I get my degree. I can front load some classes, and try to graduate a semester early (giving me a full year before I turn 29 instead of 7 months) but I would risk my GPA being lowered if I did this. Just trying to weight the pro's and cons before I register for more classes. Thank you!

If you are already looking at an age waiver, get your package in ASAP. There is no gaming the system. All you'll do by waiting is limit the amount of boards you'll be eligible for if you're talking about an age waiver. Do the best you can do, submit your package, and the rest will take care of itself. Good luck.

andrewt

Think you can apply up to 1-2 years before you graduate, but that isnt something I myself did so look into it. Not a bad deal to know what you'll be doing after school if you do get picked up.