• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Becoming a Naval Aviator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ef2111

I'm a new member to this website and I would like to tell al of you a little bit about myself. I'm 17 and a Senior in High School. Next year I will be a Freshman at Temple University as a Physics Major. Ever scince I can remember, I have always wanted to fly for the military, so i started takeing lessons when I was 13. I'm working on my Private Pilot Certificate and I have about 33 hours. My father was in the Navy during the Vietnam War so that influenced me to side with the Navy. I am also a member of the Civil Air Patrol and i have my Mitchell Award for anyone who knows what I'm talking about. I am very interested in the aviation aspect of the Navy, but I am also very intersted in the leadership aspect of being a Naval Officer. I plan on attending NROTC in college and my question to anyone is that can you give me any advice what so ever. I have done some extensive research, and I pretty much understand what is ahead of me, but if anyone has any advice, please feel free to tell me. Thank you.
spin_125.gif

wobble

Study Hard and keep flying. Look into the BDCP program as a commissioning path that's different than NROTC. I did it and you can make more money and come out better than the ROTC guys in terms of accrued leave and years in service. Ask an officer recruiter for more information. I went that route and I'm glad I did. Besides you get to experience OCS which will give you a lifetime of stories to tell to all who care or don't care.

Gig'em and have a Great Day

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
I went through Villanova's NROTC which shares the same CO/XO and other staff with UPenn which is where Temple is attached to. You cannot go wrong with Philly NROTC in any way (well, guess you already did go wrong by chosing Temple, but we don't hold that against you
icon_smile_wink.gif
). Don't be afraid to contact UPenn and ask them any questions you have. If you do go ROTC and gunny Davis is still there, well, um, yeah, enjoy meeting him! Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.