• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beards... and Skipper Shenanigans

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
This stinks of aggrieved members of some department whose funding was cut to help another department. I think a lot has been taken out of context and the guy seems to actually have a sense of humor.

Fuck those nerds, I’d love to work for a guy who makes fun of himself and has a margarita machine.

Swanee

Self aware since 2014
pilot
None
Contributor
I cannot speak to the Navy/Marines, but these places do exist.
There are a few places in the Marine Corps where this still exists. Probably in the places you'd least expect it, but they are there.

nittany03

FUBIJAR
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem in Navy land, as it was explained to me, is that every place that serves alcohol on base needs a permit from CNIC. So you either need people willing to do the paperwork and probably get told "no," or someone senior enough in the chop chain to give you top cover from a one-star's staff.

Which is really kind of sad, seeing as we're dealing with adults here.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The problem in Navy land, as it was explained to me, is that every place that serves alcohol on base needs a permit from CNIC...

I misread this as at first and I was like, there are adults at CNIC??

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
We had beer on tap. Then our new skipper, instead of saying he didn’t want beer in the ready room, hid the tap handles. Real mature.

New handles and some locktite forced him to make a decision. Those are tough to make but he managed to avoid most of them for 14 months. He didn’t want beer in the spaces because, according to him, junior Es might break into the wardroom and drink beer on night shift. Sure, sir.

nittany03

FUBIJAR
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had beer on tap. Then our new skipper, instead of saying he didn’t want beer in the ready room, hid the tap handles. Real mature.

New handles and some locktite forced him to make a decision. Those are tough to make but he managed to avoid most of them for 14 months. He didn’t want beer in the spaces because, according to him, junior Es might break into the wardroom and drink beer on night shift. Sure, sir.
Well, you had a wardroom. That's part of your problem . . . :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem in Navy land, as it was explained to me, is that every place that serves alcohol on base needs a permit from CNIC. So you either need people willing to do the paperwork and probably get told "no," or someone senior enough in the chop chain to give you top cover from a one-star's staff.

I can tell you that in practice, this is not the case, in my experience.