• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beards... and Skipper Shenanigans

Hair Warrior

Tazzy823

And this gem: Service Dress Beard

View attachment 22217

I started a new thread because I couldn’t find the old one.
Ok, This Admiral is a walking joke, huh? LOL All and all, this story is disheartening, shockingly hilarious and weird. This man has been in the Navy at least 30 years and his conduct is unacceptable. No military bearing at all. He is about to get forced into retirement, Thanos SNAP, just like that. Thanks for sharing.

wink

VS NFO. Blue and Gold Officer
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Dozens of emails and other documents obtained by the AP show the college has struggled to make payroll under Harley's leadership..."

How is this possible in a military command? Every billet at every paygrade, military and civil servant, is funded or the billet is gapped. I understand the War College may be a bit unique, but even taking that into account you would have to be a total idiot to come close to "not make payroll". Every place I ever was, if short of funds, you simply did without or didn't operate. No money for gas, you didn't fly. Not enough funds for dry suits, you deployed with wet suits. What am I missing here?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Dozens of emails and other documents obtained by the AP show the college has struggled to make payroll under Harley's leadership..."

How is this possible in a military command? Every billet at every paygrade, military and civil servant, is funded or the billet is gapped. I understand the War College may be a bit unique, but even taking that into account you would have to be a total idiot to come close to "not make payroll". Every place I ever was, if short of funds, you simply did without or didn't operate. No money for gas, you didn't fly. Not enough funds for dry suits, you deployed with wet suits. What am I missing here?
I was wondering that myself, I presume after reading the article they aren’t under the GS or an equivalent system.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would be very surprised if the school handled any payroll locally at all.