• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Timeframe

jbutts

I first heard about the BDCP back in late March or early April and immediately contacted my local Officer Recruiter. At that point in time he talked as though he could get me into the program and earning a paycheck by May or June. Within a week I had all my paperwork complete for him. He than began to come up with a reason every month that we should wait a month to submit my packet. Finally he assured me that we would submit for the October board because it was the beginning of the fiscal year and he claimed by November I would be seeing a paycheck. In October it became apparent that he had forgotten to submit my packet, and I never could get a straight answer out of him. He did assure me that he would have it in for the November board. Does this program actually exist? It seems as though I am being taken for a ride with no actual destination.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
The BDCP Program does exist, and I'm sure you'll find a number of officers, and current members here who were/are in the BDCP program. Sadly, accessions into the BDCP program have are closed at least through FY 12, IIRC. If you do a search here on the forum, I'm sure you'll find the answers you seek.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
^^^ Accurate gouge, from what I've been told through my NRD they aren't taking any BDCP'ers for awhile in all designators. I've been the only one at the past two bi-annual PRTs, with the other 6-10 collegiates being dental, medical or nuclear guys. Of those 6-10, all but one have come and gone but I'm still here...

If you have time before you graduate (at least a full year) then keep bugging the OR to get you in over the next several boards, and with luck you should at least get seen and possibly accepted into the program. If this OR keeps stalling, visit/call him up and go over your app in detail. I know from my OR that they are seeing upwards of 500 applicants a month that are anywhere from slightly interested to swearing into the program, so it's hard for them to even get back to my call or email - but with persistence you'll get results. Just don't be rude or disrespectful (you'll have a much bigger problem then) and you should get into a board soon - even if you have to wait and apply DA (direct ascension, or straight into OCS after you have a bachelor's degree). If it's what you truly want to do, you'll keep at it until you've accomplished your goal of being a naval officer.