• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bdcp Help!!!

TheMattAttack

Hey All,

I'm really looking to get into BDCP. The only problem is I’m just a freshman in college. I’m an aerospace engineering major and have about a 2.8 GPA or so. When would be the earliest that I could potentially get accepted? What would be the best way to get the ball rolling? Also what else should I do to increase my chances of getting accepted? I know as of right now my GPA isn't the greatest. Any of advice you guys can offer me would be great. Thanks.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Next fall would be a good start. Since you're a frosh, I'm assuming your 2.8 is from one semester. It sounds simple, but get your grades up, that can never hurt.

When you could be picked up for BDCP depends on your major. If it's a technical major, you are eligible for BDCP for 3 years. If it's a non-tech major, 2 years. So, you'll need to wait at least until the end of your freshman year to submit an application. Until then you can talk to an officer recruiter and let him know you're interested in the program. You can also study for and take the ASTB. If you got a 2.8 GPA after only 1 semester, it's really easy to get that up...just do well this semester. BDCP is pretty competitive, so you should have at least a 3.0 GPA to have a good shot. That being said, every application is different and there are plenty of stories on these boards about people with low GPAs getting selected SNA. It's all about the "whole package." They look at everything about you as a candidate, not just your GPA. The selection boards love extra curricular activities, so if you have any of those you'll be in better shape. Otherwise, just work hard in college and be persistent.

purduenavy

BDCP SNA
I'm a good example of this. My GPA was not very high, a 3.05 in Poli Sci/Hist however my overall package was very good. I had been in NROTC for 2 years and got kicked out because of a lack of funds (another story). But I had great ASTB scores 7/7/7/62 and great LORS (2 CAPTS, 1 CDR and 2 LTS) all of whom had been involved in training commands (NROTC) or worked as a Blue and Gold Officer (I applied there twice) for the Academy. My PRT scores were also very high and I had a recruiter that really worked hard for me because I had shown him I was dedicated and cared more about being the Navy and serving than being a pilot. I got what I wanted. I've got BDCP and I'm an SNA, so there is hope.