• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP for BSN?

Stewart Terry

Alright, so after doing some soulsearching and plenty of research, my long-term goal is set in stone as serving as an M.D. in the navy. As far as getting there, I am looking at getting my BSN first, taking care of whatever pre-med I can while I am serving as a nurse, then heading of to medical school.
Now, I have a morbid fear of student loans, so my question is this...Is there a 3 year BDCP (or a medical equivalent to the BDCP?) for getting my BSN? I have been looking all over the place and can't seem to find a definitive answer. I know that the BDCP is available to non-technical majors who are within two years of graduation, but I am curious to see if there is something like that for nursing within 3 years of graduation.
I am getting in contact with a recruiter, but would like to be as informed as I can the first time I talk to him :icon_wink
Thanks!

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Alright, so after doing some soulsearching and plenty of research, my long-term goal is set in stone as serving as an M.D. in the navy. As far as getting there, I am looking at getting my BSN first, taking care of whatever pre-med I can while I am serving as a nurse, then heading of to medical school.
Now, I have a morbid fear of student loans, so my question is this...Is there a 3 year BDCP (or a medical equivalent to the BDCP?) for getting my BSN? I have been looking all over the place and can't seem to find a definitive answer. I know that the BDCP is available to non-technical majors who are within two years of graduation, but I am curious to see if there is something like that for nursing within 3 years of graduation.
I am getting in contact with a recruiter, but would like to be as informed as I can the first time I talk to him :icon_wink
Thanks!

It's not called BDCP but there is a program for nurses and from what I hear it is really outstanding. Just call the officer recruiter.

It's called the Navy Nurse Candidate Program.

http://www.navy.com/careers/healthcare/nursing/#nursing-students

Hope that helps.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Thanks!

As of recently, I was told they do have BDCP for nurses now. I am not sure if it is the same program as Lazers is talking about but you get paychecks every month. There are other programs as well. You will have to talk to a recruiter to see which program will be best for you, they all seem like pretty sweet deals though.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
When I was in AFROTC, they talked about a program that covered all of your college expenses for nurses. You would have to do AFROTC for this program. Check it out if you are not dead set on the Navy.