• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP competitevness

gb21

I actually just took the ASTB today, and I scored a 43 4,5,5. I am a sophmore in college right now and I have a 3.27 in business finance (I also play division 1 basketball on full scholarship). I am applying for the bdcp program and my first choice is obviously SNA, my other choices are NFO, and Intelligence. I was wondering (in your opinion) if I am competitive enough to get selected for SNA, or any of the programs listed. Also, should I retake the ASTB?

I also have refferences from a dr, an O2, and a O9, and a couple of professors.

Any help would be appreciated.

nugget61

pilot
Are you competitive? Well the board does look at the whole person thing, and it seems like you're well on your way to having that covered, but your ASTB is downright miserable.
If you aren't selected when you send in your package, the boards make you wait 6 months before you can reapply, unless you can 'significantly improve' your package (Improving your ASTB counts for that) and then you can reapply the following month.
So I'd suggest you apply with what you have now and if you're not picked up for what you want to do then retake the test and reapply.
Keep in mind you can only take the ASTB 3 times in your entire life and they only keep your most recent scores. So be prepared to take it the next time.

IRfly

None
I actually just took the ASTB today, and I scored a 43 4,5,5. I am a sophmore in college right now and I have a 3.27 in business finance (I also play division 1 basketball on full scholorship). I am applying for the bdcp program and my first choice is obviously SNA, my other choices are NFO, and Intelligence. I was wondering (in your opinion) if I am competitive enough to get selected for SNA, or any of the programs listed. Also, should I retake the ASTB?

I also have refferences from a dr, an O2, and a O9, and a couple of proffesors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Might sound a bit harsh, but it looks like you'll have a rough time without a tutor doing all your academic work for you. You've got pretty low test scores and you can't even spell the "scholarship" through which you attend school.

gb21

Thanks, and its not harsh at all, haha. I never had a tutor, and our business school is ranked nationally. Anyways, I think I am going to retake the test because I feel I can do a lot better than what I did. Does anybody know what level I need to raise my scores to, in order to have a better chance of getting selected?

Casual

Jammin'
None
Thanks, and its not harsh at all, haha. I never had a tutor, and our business school is ranked nationally. Anyways, I think I am going to retake the test because I feel I can do a lot better than what I did. Does anybody know what level I need to raise my scores to, in order to have a better chance of getting selected?

57.83 on the OAR is the money number...

nugget61

pilot

Well, the ASTB scores aren't like a school test - as in, you can't say "well I just got a C so I need to retake it to get a B or better". Its graded on a bell, so your scores really depend on how you did in relation to everyone else, not how many you got right out of the entire test.
That said, (and as a complete ball park) you'd probably feel a lot more comfortable in the 6/6/6/50 region or better. Go through the old "___ month board" threads and you can see what people had in their package and if they were picked up or not.

gb21

Thanks for the advice, I think I will take my chances and submit my application now, and just retake the test if I do not get into the program I want.