• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Benefits

coredukes

None
I looked around to see if anybody posted this before but didnt find anything so I thought Id spread the word to those who dont know. For any of you in BDCP who werent priors that have a family this might be useful.
My recruiter didnt inform me about dental or medical for my wife and son, probably because he figured that I was prior service so I already knew. But I was talking to a guy the other day thats in BDCP and he had no idea so I thought Id put this out there. When you first go into the military (BDCP) you get enrolled in tricare standard which covers everthing only if you get seen on a base. If this is impossible for you or an emergency and you have to get seen off a base then you have to pay a copay of $150 and I think is 5% of what the procedure costs (not sure). But either way it can be expensive so for those who have a family make sure you go onto humana-military.com or go to the nearest base and get your family enrolled in tricare prime and get a primary care manager appointed to your spouse and kids (if any). Prime is free and I believe its mandatory for all active duty to do so. Another thing is dental which you have to pay for but for a family of more than one its like 30 bucks amonth. Your not covered but your family is and its well worth the $30. Thats through united concordia-tricare.

Perhaps everyone was told except this one guy or he didnt read all the paperwork.