• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP acceptance

cjsmyly

My local recruiter has been talking about the BDCP coming back. I am about a year out from completing my bachelors and it really seems like a great deal. I asked my recruiter if it is super competitive(I do not have the best GPA), he said it is not necessarily competitive as of now since it’s a new program, well new to restarting the program. Anyone have any info if there’s a lot of people applying for the program and whether or not it’s worth the application with my lower GPA?

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
My local recruiter has been talking about the BDCP coming back. I am about a year out from completing my bachelors and it really seems like a great deal. I asked my recruiter if it is super competitive(I do not have the best GPA), he said it is not necessarily competitive as of now since it’s a new program, well new to restarting the program. Anyone have any info if there’s a lot of people applying for the program and whether or not it’s worth the application with my lower GPA?
How low is your gpa and when are expecting to graduate? Is it next spring ?

cjsmyly

How low is your gpa and when are expecting to graduate? Is it next spring ?
Yes I will graduate next spring. 2.8 as of right now. I messed around and had a horrible first 2 years at a community college. I had close to a 4.0 my last year and from my calculations if I continue to have a 3.8 or higher my final gpa will be over a 3.0.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Yes I will graduate next spring. 2.8 as of right now. I messed around and had a horrible first 2 years at a community college. I had close to a 4.0 my last year and from my calculations if I continue to have a 3.8 or higher my final gpa will be over a 3.0.
Why don’t you apply for OCS? Has your recruiter mentioned that to you? You should have time to increase your gpa, it’s not that bad

cjsmyly

Why don’t you apply for OCS? Has your recruiter mentioned that to you? You should have time to increase your gpa, it’s not that bad
I am applying for OCS, but my recruiter mentioned the BDCP route as well and I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about how many people are applying. Also how soon are they wanting to get people into the program.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
I am applying for OCS, but my recruiter mentioned the BDCP route as well and I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about how many people are applying. Also how soon are they wanting to get people into the program.
It’s fairly new, most recruiters I know aren’t too familiar with it other than what PA states. Most of us would start there. What designator are you applying for

cjsmyly

It’s fairly new, most recruiters I know aren’t too familiar with it other than what PA states. Most of us would start there. What designator are you applying for
SWO. As I’m aware you apply for it the same way as a normal OCS commission by submitting a packet to the board?

exNavyOffRec

When they look at applications they don't have to pick a certain number for BDCP, the last time this was used you would see people with 3.5 or greater picked for those spots.

I would be just concerned about getting selected with a lower GPA while you still have a year left, lower GPA's and a person still in college can make the board nervous.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You apply for BDCP the same way as any other OCS process.

Like what others have said, your GPA is definitely on the low side. Finish your last year of college on a good note and try to get it up to a 3.0 or better.