• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Battleships

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerdd972

It seems that there is a word that the Navy is going to recommision an Iowa class battleship. The scuttlebutt says its going to be BB-64, the Wisconsin. I hope it is true, the marines are in need of some good fire support, the five inch gun is not enough. To find out more on this topic, go to military.com and go to the Navy discussion
board under the Navy general thread and surface thread. As a former Gunners Mate, it alomst makes me want to go back as a blue shirt. The thought of working on those 16 inch guns makes me shiver.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Edited by - gunnerdd972 on 11/28/2001 15:06:32

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
How would you like to be Colin Powell, having to ask the President of Pakistan "Excuse me sir, would you mind if we lobbed a few volkswagen over your country to support or efforts." I've heard the Navy clear her 16 inch throat only once. God, what a sound....Awesome! SF, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.