• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH while MOB'd without dependents?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a buddy getting mob'd and he doesn't have dependents anymore, does he get BAH while deployed or storage reimbursed? I have looked but can't find a firm answer.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He gets single BAH for his permanent address (i.e., his home address when he's mobilized). He will also get NTS authorized.

Tell him to make sure his home address is current in DEERS and correct on his orders. Once you're mob'ed it's impossible to get it changed unless you can prove you had it right and BUPERS screwed up.

subreservist

FYI...if where ever he is going doesn't have a place for him to stay...i.e. he has to go out in town to live due no gov't type of qtrs (tent, trailer, some form of lodging) they will provide OHA. If that happens, I have heard that OHA and BAH cannot be paid at same time. Not sure of pay difference if that were to happen.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FYI...if where ever he is going doesn't have a place for him to stay...i.e. he has to go out in town to live due no gov't type of qtrs (tent, trailer, some form of lodging) they will provide OHA. If that happens, I have heard that OHA and BAH cannot be paid at same time. Not sure of pay difference if that were to happen.

They can be if you are on orders unaccompanied with dependents, you would get single OHA and with dependents BAH. The BAH he would pocket if he sold his place, OHA all goes to housing if stationed somewhere he would get it. So a big difference, he'll still make out like a bandit either way.