• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH & BAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarPoet

Not in yet...but still prayin'
Does the navy still provide BAH and BAS when you're out at sea, or do they just provide sea pay? (In other words, am I still going to have income to pay my rent while I'm out there?)

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
/ have not been to sea yet...

My understanding, you keep both, but your mess fee's while underway are usually equal to that of your BAS.

As far as sea pay, as an aviator I am not sure that you get it while deployed, someone with more experience should be able to confirm or deny it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
trvsmrtn said:
You get sea pay when you're deployed on a ship. Even aviators.
Yeah, but you have to have a certain amount of sea time before you start collecting it.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Yeah, but you have to have a certain amount of sea time before you start collecting it.

Brett
I think that rule changed a couple of years ago.

Kolja

Git-r-done
Steve is right. Everyone gets it now.

There's also family sep pay but I don't want to get into it because it chaps my hide.

As far as ships' mess bills, oddly enough mine came out to be pretty close to what I paid for groceries in a month. Watch out for oddball additional things though - ENTERPRISE had this screwy Officers Contingency Fund that was basically to buy flowers for ship's officer's spouses - and not a damn thing for us in the air wing, but we still had to pay it.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whole deployed you'll pull down BAH and BAS. Mess bill on the CVN is around $160/month. Used to be took 3 years to get sea pay. Now everyone gets it on a graded scale...more senior and more time = more $.

Good stuff here: http://www.npc.navy.mil/CareerInfo/PayAndBenefits

Was a huge complaint for our young sailors as E-3 used to not get sea pay and E-4 did, yet they all went to sea. Glad to see it changed.

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.