• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

bad eyes after a few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe2surf

Here's a "what if" question I have. Lets say your physical goes fine and you start flying. No problem! Then, a couple of years later your eyes don't meet the standards. Even if its just by a little bit. Will you still be able to fly with contacts or glasses, or will you get a desk job?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey Matt, I tried the contacts out when I got to my squadron, and got the letter put in my medical jacket paying for them, but they bugged the hell out of me. Maybe I will try again when I get back from deployment.

Mahler

Matt,

When I asked them about contacts at ACES they said they weren't allowed in high-G aircraft... only in props and helos. Where they mistaken???

James

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey Matt,
just curious, do you ever have problems with contact "float." I had a lot of friends who did so they chose glasses. Of course their periphery was shot but they were more comfortable. Just curious. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.