• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Background Check Question

Nnjustin44

Background: Im applying to be CW/Intel officer.

I was arrested in 2014 for walking around an abandoned building. Spent the night in jail but the charges were expunged. I was young and dumb, I was just walking around wasn’t doing anything bad. It’s been 8 years. I was told by my recruiter that it’s been long enough where it doesn’t matter as long as it was expunged. I just don’t need to bring it up in my application.

I’m going through the process of applying for my TS, would the arrest come up? Would that be an issue? I don’t want to ignore it and I not be able to get my TS cause I lied. But don’t want to make a big deal of it if it wasn’t anything to begin with.

Thank you in advanced.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Answer all questions honestly.

If the question is “Have you ever…?” then you know the answer. If the question is “Have you in the past X years…?” then you know the answer.

Prior arrests are not an automatic disqualifier for service as a naval officer or in the IWC.

Mos

None
I can't speak to the rules and regulations, but in general you should read the questionnaire instructions and questions carefully. Last I checked, the SF-86 said this under the police record section:

"For this section report information regardless of whether the record in your case has been sealed, expunged, or otherwise stricken from the court record, or t he charge was dismissed. You need not report convictions under the Federal Controlled Substances Act for which the court issued an expungement order under the authority of 21 U.S.C. 844 or 18 U.S.C. 3607. Be sure to include all incidents whether occurring in the U.S. or abroad."

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Myself coming from a community that requires this level of TS vetting...."You need to disclose it". End of story. Just be candid, honest, and transparent in your disclosure, but most of all additionally include some language as to what you've done or will do to improve yourself so that sorta behavior doesn't repeat. We are all human, we make mistakes, but intentionally or unintentionally hiding anything will get you in close contact with the hurt locker.