• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Back To Back Mobilizations

SELRES_AMDO

I would focus on getting into a pay status and out of the IRR. Then, focus on changing your designator. If 1105 is anything like 1305, it's not supposed to be a long term designator. It's more or less a short term holding cell for people to come into a pay status and find a new job.

Like others have said, focus on getting into the SELRES and in a pay status. It shouldn't be hard. There are NOSC's all over the US.

AFAIK, you can't go on JOAPPLY and just get a unit since you're VTU.

Hope that helps.

pascol1

Is there anything that prevents people from doing back to back mobilizations in the same area? For example, I am in Djibouti right now. Can I apply for another mob in Djibouti to start right after I am done in the same year? Or do I have to wait at least a year?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can't answer about waiting a year (though there guidance on it somewhere), but unless you're getting extended in the same billet/job, it would seem you would need to come back to de-MOB, then re-MOB and then head OCONUS again. Keep in mind the MOB billets are funded based off of FY, so if it's a different billet, you need a whole new set of orders, accounting, etc, which the system is going to want to process back home.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there anything that prevents people from doing back to back mobilizations in the same area? For example, I am in Djibouti right now. Can I apply for another mob in Djibouti to start right after I am done in the same year? Or do I have to wait at least a year?

The only statutory limit is you have to take 30 days off after being on active duty 5 years as a reservist, other than that there are no legal limits or practical ones from what I have seen.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I can't answer about waiting a year (though there guidance on it somewhere), but unless you're getting extended in the same billet/job, it would seem you would need to come back to de-MOB, then re-MOB and then head OCONUS again. Keep in mind the MOB billets are funded based off of FY, so if it's a different billet, you need a whole new set of orders, accounting, etc, which the system is going to want to process back home.

You can't extend a mob past 365 days, AFAIK, without special waivers granted by Fleet Forces, and those are for extenuating circumstances (deployed at sea and the ship gets kept out past your original demob date, for example). What they do instead is make you your own relief; i.e., fill the billet with the same guy. So you would have to go back to Norfolk, close out your original orders and roll into your "new" orders in order to keep it kosher. Should only take a couple of days...you'd probably spend longer travelling there.

I guess there's at least the possibility that ECRC Forward in Bahrain can do all that, but I would lay money on a trip back to Norfolk. And hey, why not? Go back Stateside, clear the dump smog out of your lungs, take some of that tax-free leave, then head back to the HOA.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I could have sworn I've seen MOBs that were longer than 365 days, but I have no actual evidence to back up that claim.

I do know some folks that have been <insert Reserve term> recently that allowed them to PCS OCONUS though. I want to say they were MOBs, but now you have me wondering. I'm pretty sure they weren't Recalls. But obviously that's a different situation from the OP's.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I could have sworn I've seen MOBs that were longer than 365 days, but I have no actual evidence to back up that claim.

I do know some folks that have been <insert Reserve term> recently that allowed them to PCS OCONUS though. I want to say they were MOBs, but now you have me wondering. I'm pretty sure they weren't Recalls. But obviously that's a different situation from the OP's.

You're not supposed to...I'm sure it's been pulled off. I've seen all kinds of "they don't think it be like it is, but it do" situations. Due to ship's scheduling, the Fire Scout det after mine was fragged for 14 months, but they had to do some paperwork/pots-of-money gymnastics to make it work. And again, in that case it was real-world, needs-of-the-Navy stuff, not "I want to mob for 14 months".

Interesting about the OCONUS PCS. I've known people over the years who tried it - to take dependents to Bahrain or Germany, for example - but the only PCS orders for Reservists I've seen are recalls and 181+ day CONUS ADSWs.

subreservist

I think it's great that folks are chiming in on this subject, But honestly, Pascol, if this is what you want to do, my advice is to just put in for it and let the ACTUAL decision-maker provide the answer for you.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You're not supposed to...I'm sure it's been pulled off. I've seen all kinds of "they don't think it be like it is, but it do" situations. Due to ship's scheduling, the Fire Scout det after mine was fragged for 14 months, but they had to do some paperwork/pots-of-money gymnastics to make it work. And again, in that case it was real-world, needs-of-the-Navy stuff, not "I want to mob for 14 months".

One of my pilots was on that det after yours, and the OIC of your det was still being read in while they were deployed (and JC could never figure out why he kept getting dragged back in). The pots of money stuff (non-manpower-wise) was pretty amazing and definitely interesting to see who carries a lot of weight right now.

Interesting about the OCONUS PCS. I've known people over the years who tried it - to take dependents to Bahrain or Germany, for example - but the only PCS orders for Reservists I've seen are recalls and 181+ day CONUS ADSWs.

I think you can get away with 139 days, as well, but I always screw that up. Regardless, the OCONUS thing is made easier when you have a specific skillset AND FMS is paying for it.

Back to the weekly "what is pascol1 going to do this month" thread.