• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BA in ANG

Status
Not open for further replies.

_62

to enter OCS you must first have a BA, so here's my question.

can you get you get your BA through the navy while you're enlisted? or does it have to be after you get out?

chris

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Why not apply for STA-21?

Might as well get the Navy to pay you to go to school.

Anyway, I don't know the regs, but I suspect that you could get your degree while active, get discharged, then apply for OCS ... but again, why would you?

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
_62 said:
to enter OCS you must first have a BA, so here's my question.

can you get you get your BA through the navy while you're enlisted? or does it have to be after you get out?

chris

What do you mean by getting your degree "through the Navy"? No, the Navy won't just pay for your degree, but yes, you can get your degree while enlisted.

As the previous poster mentioned, why not apply for STA-21? The deadline to apply for this FY is coming up, so check into it.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look into college tuition assistance while in the Navy. May cover some of the costs if degree is in any way related to what you could do in the navy. May be a "gremain" attached. (an agreement to remain on active duty as a payback).

r/
G

H60Gunr

Seaman to Admiral. Still think the Navy pays 100% tuition while your going to school. Good luck though while your underway or working 50+ hours a week.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
_62 said:
whats STA-21?

www.sta-21.navy.mil

You get $10,000/year towards tuition (you have 36 mos to get your degree). You're attached to the NROTC unit at your college. Very selective program, awesome opportunity. My husband got picked up for FY '05. Went to NSI for ~2 mos earlier this year, and is about to start summer classes.

Check out the Enlisted Commissioning Programs forum for lots more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.