• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Working Greens

What woud you wear?

• Total voters

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
If only there was a famous quote about naval tradition and it’s usefulness to use here.... maybe from a famous naval leader...

You’re such a naval history buff, what with your NS100 references to crossing the T and weather gages, I’m sure you could find it!

I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn’t talking about a butt-fuck tradition, but if that’s your bag, who am I to judge?

Maybe there’s still a place for rum, sodomy, and the lash after all.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn’t talking about a butt-fuck tradition, but if that’s your bag, who am I to judge?

Maybe there’s still a place for rum, sodomy, and the lash after all.
Where else but a carrier is he to find a couple of thousand men with no where to run... His hope springs eternal...
@webmaster — just want to be clear that these two appear to be resorting to personal attacks outside the war zone. I know you’re sensitive about that.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Where did I say I hated it, Frank? You do understand the difference between blind loyalty, critical appraisal, and hating, right?

It’s just realistic to acknowledge the Navy, or any large organization, for what it is. It’s a fucking faceless bureaucratic machine at the nd of the day. Get what you need, say fuck the man when you can, enjoy it when it’s fun, but you’re only gonna run yourself ragged trying to make the navy conform to some romantic vision of what it used to be. It doesn’t care about you beyond filling billets and checking boxes.

Hopefully you realize fedex is the same—the minute autonomous systems advance to the point that you become anything but a profit-maker... they’ll dump you for a $250 microprocessor, and tech support in India.

On a side note, Frank, I’ve got a few boxes from Amazon coming this week. Please keep them safe and dry, buddy!
I think we might actually agree on something here but I don’t know if you realize how you come off...

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
@webmaster — just want to be clear that these two appear to be resorting to personal attacks outside the war zone. I know you’re sensitive about that.
Nah, mine was just a thinly veiled insult.

An ad-hominem personal attack would have been more like ‘fuck you and the backseat you rode in on. You’re a fucking moron.’

Nuance, buttercup. I can has it. So can webmaster.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My frustration is with those of the more recent generations who hear all these stories of the halcyon good old days - without any of the shitty parts of how life used to be, mind you - and proceed to lament their passing as though the big bad Navy had somehow pulled the rug out from under them. I can understand a sense of nostalgia for those days, just not the resentment about something they've never experienced first hand. It's bizarre.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It was a statement of fact not an attack. And I did not say it in a belittling manner. Further in your subsequent post you seemed to agree with the thought.

However your subsequent unwanted sexual advances need to be curtailed. #MeToo

ChuckMK23

pilot
My frustration is with those of the more recent generations who hear all these stories of the halcyon good old days - without any of the shitty parts of how life used to be, mind you - and proceed to lament their passing as though the big bad Navy had somehow pulled the rug out from under them. I can understand a sense of nostalgia for those days, just not the resentment about something they've never experienced first hand. It's bizarre.
Oh I remember them well - such as a FRS classmate and crew dying as the result of overhauling an already ancient helicopter to death - MOPP gear of 1960's era being issued days before arrival in KSA on the brink of Desert Storm, enlisted men who could barely read or write, etc. It wasn't all milk and honey. I am envious of conditions and lifestyle today.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just one of several self-flagellatory behaviors the VP and RW folks subject themselves to... quite inexplicably.
Hey! Don't drag us all down just because Pags is becoming "an old guy" and he chose to live life so close to the flagpole. Well, someone's flagpole anyway.

Last weekend I attended my 18th-kajillion change of command where the flight suit was the uniform for attendees. Life is good in many parts of rotaryworld.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey! Don't drag us all down just because Pags is becoming "an old guy" and he chose to live life so close to the flagpole. Well, someone's flagpole anyway.

Last weekend I attended my 18th-kajillion change of command where the flight suit was the uniform for attendees. Life is good in many parts of rotaryworld.
Point taken, but it is kind of an apt generalization.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Point taken, but it is kind of an apt generalization.
Obviously you lament the new and seek the sepia past.

Seriously though, helo integration into the Air Wing has been a great thing for the rotary community, at least on the HSM side.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Obviously you lament the new and seek the sepia past.

Seriously though, helo integration into the Air Wing has been a great thing for the rotary community, at least on the HSM side.
Agreed. We did a ton of very worthwhile work w/ our HSM guys - particularly at Airwing Fallon. They also flew all the way up to Whidbey to work EW geekery with us. We flew their pilots and they flew us. I got a right seat ride during cruise, to include a brief stop on a DDG. Pretty fun.