• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Working Greens

What woud you wear?

• Total voters

MasterBates

Would you wear Aviation Working Greens, and if so how?

The Jacket can be had from the NEX for $386. About 3-5 months, they make in batches.

Trousers are $65 at NEX, although it has been said that Marine Green Trousers are the same, and only $35.

Green Combo Cover is $13

Shirt is longsleeved washed Khaki. Most of us have (or SHOULD have) that.

Tie is black, you should have as well.

Also, some of the "historic" pics show the stitched on wings. I can't find a reference to that in the BUPERS CD.

What would YOU wear?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Great. So on top of sucking at saluting O's, the sailors now get to be confused as to wtf I am and what I'm wearing too....

In all seriousness....the greens are BADASS. I'm curious too where the embroidered vs gold wings could come into play?

MasterBates

For the retarded monkey, it has stripes like SDB's and if you use the Piss Cutter vice Combo, that has rank as well.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
I think I'd prefer the AWG jacket, but only if I could get it at a better deal - especially with the blue digis looming in the distance.

I wouldn't want to think "it cost me $350/10 = $35 to wear part of my uniform today" on the tenth day I wear it, if I even have that many days...

MasterBates

We had "Throwback Days" at my old command once in a while where old stuff would be brought back. Normally when you would see AWG and SDK. I think we did it on V-E and V-J days.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What would YOU wear? Would you wear Aviation Working Greens, and if so how?......Also, some of the "historic" pics show the stitched on wings.....
Yes, can't vote responsibly 'cause I'd wear (and have worn) choice #1 and choice #2 above .... it's kind of a "how do I feel today" kind of question .... and the "stitched" Wings are referred to as "embroidered" Wings ... the Aviation Working Greens --- best uniform ever for the fall and winter in CONUS. :)

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
FWIW, I'd buy it right after I buy the Dress Khaki's that are coming out... Oh how I love my daily uniform selections...

Seriously though... the shoes complain about our brown (and undeniably better looking) shoes. Why not give them another reason to piss and moan about not going to flight school?!

Oh and the sailors will figure it out....

MasterBates

Are the "embroidered wings" the current reg for them? The pic on BUPERS is too small to discern, and the WOLBFM I spoke to at the NEX did not know, or could only convey in Tagalog.

haubby

None
Contributor
My buddy wears his aviation greens at last twice a week. If I could wear them I would. Sharp uniform I must say.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FWIW, I'd buy it right after I buy the Dress Khaki's that are coming out... ..... the shoes complain about our brown (and undeniably better looking) shoes. ...
Fuck the Blackshoes --- they have screwed everything up uniform wise for the past 30 years --- it started when they wanted their Blackshoe "wings" :)icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:) to assuage their insecurities and attempt to neuter the Aviation side of the house for it's "panache and individuality" in uniforms .... rank insecurity and envy. You guys are finally getting it "right" once again. Service Dress Khaki's and Aviation Working Greens for Aviators .... (*be still my beating heart*) ... and don't forget your piss cutter -- no combination covers allowed for Aviation -- unsafe in and around the ramp, yes ...... ???? :)

Embroidered Wings were kind of a "do it yourself" prospect. If there was no official mandate against it ... no one ever said "boo" about it. And in the 'ol days -- there were no "official mandates" about individuality and panache ... ;)

MasterBates

Well, I am biting the bullet on this one. I am getting them before they are gone.

Can anyone authoritatively say the Marine trousers are the SAME color? If I can save some coin on those, that will take the sting out.

BUPERS CD says "Khaki Garrison Cap". The pics I have seen show green. That should not be that hard to come by.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Can anyone authoritatively say the Marine trousers are the SAME color?
Some guys wore them, but if memory serves, the color was O.K., but the rear pockets are wrong. Marines have flaps on them or something, don't they???

Put them up next to each other at the Exchange. Mystery solved ....

MasterBates

Problem is, AWG trousers are special order. Can't put side by side. Will search for pics. I'm more concerned with color being correct.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Problem is, AWG trousers are special order. Can't put side by side. Will search for pics. I'm more concerned with color being correct.
Well then, the color won't matter when you sport the flight jacket and khaki shirt -- but I still seem to remember the Gyrenes having flaps on the back pocket. Anyone .... ???

If that doesn't bother you --- buy one complete set of Navy Aviation Greens and buy Marine-green for the "other" pair of pants. They wear very well, so you're only talking what ??? ..... two-three pair of pants, total???

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Question about the garrison cap. The Marine cap isn't the same design as the Navy cap. Any ideas where to get a green garrison cover?