• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Art

beaverslayer

pilot
Ok, so I'm looking for some aviation related art to put up on my walls. I've seen a few random links in various threads on here, but I was not able to find a thread (if one exists) that was dedicated to this type of thing. Where do you all find your pictures, posters, or paintings? I'm looking for aircraft from any time period, as long as it looks awesome.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course, any fan of the Douglas genre of aircraft (A-1/-3/-4, F-3/-4, etc.), is a fan the late Douglas Aviation Artist R. G. Smith. Many samples of his work can be viewed on the Skyhawk Assn. website.
BzB

VPNAVY

Fly Navy!
Contributor
pappy.gif
Tale a look at Don Feight's Naval Aircraft Prints...

Pags

N/A
pilot
A few years ago Mrs. Pags was able to find some large (~2.5' x 3.5') planform views (schematics) of historical aircraft from the National Air and Space Museum's archives that we've had up on our walls.

jmcquate

Contributor
I'm a fan of Keith Ferris. I ordered a print of Col Olds F-4 during operation Bolo from his website and he signed it.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is an amazing number of aviation art and artists. The American Association of Aviation Artists lists hundreds. A google search of "Aviation Art" lists more.

Personally, along with BzB, I like R. G. Smith's work.

Of course Keith Ferris is famous for his aviation art.

A good source for various artists and art is the Aviation Art Hangar.

John D. Shaw has some nice work. Maybe you can get his Into The Storm with my signature on it. :cool:

Pete Wenman painted my old F-4 in a 3-plane over North Vietnam. It won an award and hung in the National Naval Aviation Museum all summer. It now is on the wall in my family room. :)

brownshoe

Contributor
Ron McCarthy is the artist who painted “The Loss of BusyBee 604,” you can obtain a Giclee print from a shop in Arizona by contacting Ron. Ron also has other works for sale as well. If you’d like Ron’s contact information PM me.

An artist of another type is Hank Caruso, I love his stuff! You can find Hank’s stuff on line. HeyJoe knows Hank and can probably arrange an autograph for you.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ron McCarthy is the artist who painted “The Loss of BusyBee 604,” you can obtain a Giclee print from a shop in Arizona by contacting Ron. Ron also has other works for sale as well. If you’d like Ron’s contact information PM me.

Some AWs have seen the McCarthy painting, as it was my Avatar for a while after I joined. The below for those who haven't.
BzB
BzB 604 Ejection.jpg