• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation and Nautical Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

hudsonbud

I failed the ASTB on Friday, I was not prepared for it at all. I am scheduled to retake it in December. I've downloaded the study guides from this site. Could anyone suggest additional supplemental reading for the aviation/nautical portion of the test?
Thank you.

bart27

In addition to the study guide and the book(s) by ARCO, I simply went to my local Barnes and Noble. I reviewed high school math concepts (algebra, geometry, trig, etc) to help w/ the first section of the test. The ARCO books will help w/ the airplane attitude/direction diagrams. I looked through a few Nautical books for boat/ship knowledge. Some entry level physics books might help w/ the Mechanical section. All in all, the study guide helps the most. Memorize it and make sure you understand how to arrive at the answers. Hope this helps.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
If you know anyone in the Navy, try to get a copy of the Blue Jackets' Manual, the book recruits get in boot camp. It has quite a bit of info on seamanship, and should use the navy terms you'll see on the test. It won't help much on the aviation stuff though...

LTJG G.

Status
Not open for further replies.