• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automobile sales tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

valheru

i registered my Stealth Twin Turbo in Missouri and didn't have to pay tax there or in MD (where i bought the car).

as long as i don't bring the car back to MO (read, as long as i don't get a ticket in MO to prove i was in MO), i don't have to have it emmission-tested either... and that's good because i don't have any catalytic converters :)

regarding your supercharger idea...
my car is very modded. i would discourage you from modding your car. but if you want to do it, then understand that you can run boost on stock compression. but you won't be able to run as much boost as you would with lower compression. changing your compression is generally accomplished by changing your pistons. there are safe boost limits on 10:1 compression (what you probably have) with certain octanes of gas. if you're going to go putting blowers on your car, i suggest you pick up "maximum boost" by corky bell.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.