• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATSB Math/Verbal Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF

How many verbal questions are on the test?
The sample test in ARCO had 17 verbal questions and 20 math. The actual ATSB I took had only 9 verbal questions. Is this standard or do the number of verbal questions vary with each test?
Any insight is apprectiated!

klostman

the happy dance!
JF,I took the ATSB, and that sounds about right. Less Verbal than math. I may be wrong, but I think the other test is similar to that as well. If I can recollect, I only remember having 5 or 6 verbal questions.

Tessone

I had closer to half and half (more the ratio of the sample test you took), but even then there were slightly fewer English questions and they were pretty easy. If the one you took only had 9, the number must vary. Certainly there are several versions of the test which probably change every year.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

JF

Thanks for the info. I missed passing by 5 questions on the math/verbal. If there were 5 more verbal I probably would have passed. Needless to say, I am much better at verbal. For my retest I am just going to assume less verbal questions and focus on studying math for the next month. If I get more verbal questions it will be a gift!

JTP

ARCO Officer Candidate Tests, ARCO Flight Aptitude Tests, www.geocities.com/seadog138 , and pick up some SAT math study guides if you need to refresh on some HS shit. I've found that the Kaplan one works well. You can get all these over the web or just go to Borders, that's where I bought mine.

GO DAWGS!!

JF

I downloaded the Marine study Guide. They mention a mechanical comprehension study guide. The download did not contain this document. Any idea how to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.