• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Tomorrow in St. Louis

Mustafa "MJ" Abdullah Jr

Aspiring Naval Officer, Interest in Supply and SWO
Hey everyone,

Let me start by thanking everyone who's been posting information, scores, advice, etc. on the forum as it has me feeling very prepared for my own process. I've been reviewing several online study materials in addition to taking the free online ASTB exam offered through Peterson. Got a 63 ASTB (OAR 66) but I let the time slip away from me during the math part, so I'll try again one more time tonight to see if I can do better in that section. Excitedly nervous for tomorrow and will update this thread with the practice score I get tonight as well as with the official scores I get tomorrow (given that I'll be able to see my results shortly afterwards). My recruiter has been planning to capitalize on my town in STL and has my physical planned out (as long as my scores are good), along with signing some papers. To this point, I've had my transcripts sent in, recommendation letters have been finalized, and I completed some sort of a screening survey as well. I have no criminal record, one tattoo (inner left bicep), no kids, no physical problems, etc.

For those with more experience, I'm willing to listen to anything you have to say on the matter. For those who are in my position or newer, I'll be posting my journey as I go!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For those with more experience, I'm willing to listen to anything you have to say on the matter.
Don't fuck up!

Seriously though, sounds like you have done a good job preparing. Relax tonight. Don't keep taking the practice materials. You have studied enough. Time to relax and get some good rest before taking it. Good luck!

John

Mustafa "MJ" Abdullah Jr

Alright, so I got my results. ASTB came out to 48 4/4/5. Not as great as I would've liked to do, but I do think I may have overdone the preparation and may have ended up hurting my actual performance. Be that as it may, I'm still moving forward with preparing my officer packet for the SUPPO Board scheduled to meet 29 April. As a backup option, I've started the "dual admission" process to have an Enlisted job waiting for me if things don't go as planned with the board. My ASVAB score was an 88, so I ended up qualifying for everything except Nuclear. Due to some paperwork problems, I wasn't able to take my physical during my trip to St. Louis MEPS, but I should have that part of the process rescheduled and good to go sometime next week. I'm still not super ecstatic about my actual score, but my recruiter tells me that it's still a competitive score for Supply. As far as the Enlisted side goes, I'm told that I can always pursue a career field that I have a serious interest in and start putting in my officer candidate packet as soon as I get to my first duty station after bootcamp. Still very motivated to join the Navy after college regardless!

exNavyOffRec

Alright, so I got my results. ASTB came out to 48 4/4/5. Not as great as I would've liked to do, but I do think I may have overdone the preparation and may have ended up hurting my actual performance. Be that as it may, I'm still moving forward with preparing my officer packet for the SUPPO Board scheduled to meet 29 April. As a backup option, I've started the "dual admission" process to have an Enlisted job waiting for me if things don't go as planned with the board. My ASVAB score was an 88, so I ended up qualifying for everything except Nuclear. Due to some paperwork problems, I wasn't able to take my physical during my trip to St. Louis MEPS, but I should have that part of the process rescheduled and good to go sometime next week. I'm still not super ecstatic about my actual score, but my recruiter tells me that it's still a competitive score for Supply. As far as the Enlisted side goes, I'm told that I can always pursue a career field that I have a serious interest in and start putting in my officer candidate packet as soon as I get to my first duty station after bootcamp. Still very motivated to join the Navy after college regardless!

are you just applying for Supply?

Mustafa "MJ" Abdullah Jr

are you just applying for Supply?

Just because of how the timeline for officer boards seems to be playing out, my recruiter is pushing me towards Supply since the next deadline is just at the end of next month. I also have an interest in SWO (no idea when the next board would meet) and honestly haven't done extensive research on other options, but may be open to whatever else is open. I didn't feel like utilizing too much time on an option if the board wouldn't meet until fall at the earliest, but the more I think about it, it may actually be in my best interest to have a little more patience and look at all my options.

exNavyOffRec

Just because of how the timeline for officer boards seems to be playing out, my recruiter is pushing me towards Supply since the next deadline is just at the end of next month. I also have an interest in SWO (no idea when the next board would meet) and honestly haven't done extensive research on other options, but may be open to whatever else is open. I didn't feel like utilizing too much time on an option if the board wouldn't meet until fall at the earliest, but the more I think about it, it may actually be in my best interest to have a little more patience and look at all my options.

SWO is rolling, so like has been put on several other threads estimate 90-120 day wait.