• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB TESTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudboger_19

Has anynone takin the test and failed the first try then passed it later on. Or do you know anyone that has done this. ALso any advice for taking the test recently or ever.
Thanks for any advice or help, i'd really appreciate it alot.i'm only 18 years old, but i really need some motivation after my first score of a 30 on the Math/verbal and Mechanical parts. I know that you need a 35 to get commissioned, but i need better because i am applying for a college scholarship program. THanks for anything and everything.

twilson

I am about to take the ASTB for USMC. How do they grade this thing? I ve been reading the review online and think I can do ok on it, but I have no clue how they grade it. What is this 30, 35, 50 stuff mean?

Kycntryboy

pilot
Generally people who take the test the second time do better than the first, because they are aware of the structure of the test. Keep this in mind the 30 is you "OAR" or Officer Aptitude Rating, while it is true you need a 35 to qualify to be an officer, right now the competition is out of control, so a 35 would not cut it. You need to be shooting for at the very least 45 or 50 to be even somewhat competitive for BDCP or OCS. My advice would be to get the ARCO guide on the ASTB. It will help you out a lot, I also recommend looking around on this site for other canidates scores, because those are the people who you are going up against to get these precious few spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.