• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Testing procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltrain

I have a few questions about the testing procedures.

1. If I'm not going for an aviation slot, will I be taking any sections other than verbal, math, and mechanical comp.?

2. Are there any breaks between sections to strech, use the bathroom, etc?

3. A lot of people seem to know right away how they did on the exam. Do they grade it while you wait or something?

4. In the Arco book, it said you have to wait 180 days to do a re-take, is that true?

gabelewis

okay here goes
1. Yes you do or should take all the sections of the exam. the aviation scores will not be used for you if your not going for aviation but it might make you look that much better if you aced those as well. It definately wouldn't hurt. Also, most of the math and mechanical stuff is in someway related to flight because ultimately it is an aviation selection battery. It might help you on the math and mechanical to know the fly stuff. If you know the marine study guide that is located in the file library of the resources under ASTB gouge, ASTB1, ASTB2 you should do fairly well on the flight stuff anyways. If you are concerned about the spatial app. there is a lengthy forum I wrote called exactly what to expect for the spatial app.
2. there is a break after the math/verbal, mechanical sections.
3. Where you take it depends on if you get the score or raw score right away. some stations do and some don't. ask your testing administrator if you can.
4. you can take it again in 30 days after the first time and 180 after the 2nd time.

hope this helps,
gabe

ltrain

Thanks so much, Gabe!
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.