• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB test requirements for Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

My Bravos choke once more. Damn, that was the end of the dynasty.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

JTP

BART27: I checked with the Chief today, and she was pretty vague about it. She stated that I was 80% done w/ my app. (retaking ASTB), and that I was clear. As for the specifics, I couldn't get the details. Just my guess, but if you were over 50% done before the 1st, I'd say your clear. Clarify that and let us know. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

cman

Hey guys, I'm just going to put my 2 cents in here and you can take it for what it's worth...

First off, I wouldn't trust my recruiter if he told me the sky was blue, and I wouldn't trust yours either. At least not until I got what ever it was he was saying corroborated with three other independent sources (and an email for TN don't count as one). Why? Because everytime I think my recruiter couldn't seem less competent, he'll turn around and surprise me. I also think that the some of these guys like to put on the appearance that they alone are in the know. So, what's the deal with ASTB scores, and what is the board considering as of today? I don't have the first damn clue. I haven't talked to any one from the down there. Yeah, I've heard that the board "wants" to see 6, 7 scores, but if you go to the NOMI site and click around until you find info about the ASTB, you'll see that the score minimums are still 3, 4.

If I seem down on recruiters at the moment it's because I am. I've been trying to get in touch with mine for the last few days now, and as is typically the case he is unavailable. It's been this way from day one with this guy. Mistake after mistake, showing up to meetings with other peoples paper work instead of mine, says one thing on the phone and another in person, ect, ect... It's like pulling teeth everytime I need something from him.

Ok, I've vented... now I feel better.

C

psrogers

Intel Officer
I am being subjected to the new 'streamlined' application process. I took the ASTB almost two months ago and have been working on other stuff ever since-wow, it really took a lot longer than I expected. Almost done though. Anyway, I also would be interested in hearing about the cutoff of the application process, but I doubt I'll be able to do much about it because I really don't want to mess with my recruiter on this one.

Adrenaline Rush

cman you hit the nail on the head, as far as my situation goes...I feel the same way, my recruiter has not impressed me (he didnt know vision requirement has been changed to 20/40 or that the run time was 12 mins and not 13:30),, by the way are you in new york?/

cman

Adrenaline, nope, not in NY. I'm going out of the Louisville KY office. But if your having problems there I'll make a note to myself not to contact recruiters from the NY area when I switch recruiting offices. The thing that really gets me going with this guy is that I'm bogged down waiting for a waiver at the moment, which is in and of itself a fubar thing. But to have this guy on my team at the moment is really becoming a liability. I'm really at the point now that my attitude is going to have to be "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead."[}:)]

bart27

JTP: Thanks for getting back...what you said makes sense. However, I am less than 50% done so I will fall into the October category. Doesn't really matter for me, I only scored a 5 and 7 so I will be retaking the test in order to be competitive.

cman

LadyJay, check out this link.

http://navyrotc.mit.edu/www/aviation/astb.stm

After looking at it I'm not sure that there is an "official" min. gpa. I'm sure that it's a competitive selection process though, so a strong gpa won't hurt.

C

Status
Not open for further replies.