• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Test Locations During Covid-19

Rocky 1776

Hello everyone. To start, thank you for the wealth of information on this forum. I am new to this site and thank you for the helpful information that you all provide- I appreciate it.

I am a Cadet who is scheduled is commission into the USCG in 2021. I will approach my first flight selection board this fall. Normally, I would take the ASTB onboard my home Academy. However, with covid-19 and associated factors this might be a challenge.

I will most likely be in northern NC/ southeast VA area this summer. I researched the locations for USN/USMC Officer Recruiting Stations and also the NROTC units in the Norfolk Area. I will be contacting these entities directly, but I wanted to test the waters here and see what you all think:

The question is "three fold" to some extent:
  1. Is covid-19 affecting ASTB testing across the country at Officer Recruiting Stations? I assume not, since OCS is still running on schedule, but I figure that with social distancing and teleworking procedures there might be some delays on testing.
  2. Would a Navy or USMC Officer Recruiting Station be willing to give a test to a Coastie? I don't want to overburden the recruiting offices and take an ASTB spot from someone applying for OCS, but it would be very helpful if I could take the exam this summer.
  3. If the recruiting stations don't work out, do you think any NROTC units are doing testing even though the vast majority of colleges are closed?

Thank you all for your thoughts.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I will most likely be in northern NC/ southeast VA area this summer. I researched the locations for USN/USMC Officer Recruiting Stations and also the NROTC units in the Norfolk Area. I will be contacting these entities directly, but I wanted to test the waters here and see what you all think:

Go to the official ASTB website. Email the POC listed and they can give you locations to where you can take the exam.